Lighting Project Manager
This role would suit an ambitious lighting controls engineer, electrician, or networking engineer with 2-3 years experience, wanting to broaden their role and progress.
Brilliant Lighting is an established business with an enviable reputation for creating stunning lighting schemes for prestigious new build and historic houses. Working predominantly for private individuals, we are focused on the high end residential market. We design, specify, supply and commission both the lighting and the lighting control systems, and are an integral part of a project team throughout a build. Technical excellence, a ‘can do’ attitude, good team skills and great attention to detail are key. We’re based in beautiful North Yorkshire with another showroom in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
With an expanding turnover – and huge potential for further growth – we are seeking an additional lighting project manager to help grow the business. The role would suit someone with experience of lighting control systems, or high end electrical work, or networking and software experience, or lighting design, but all with a good dose of practical electrical and construction skills. If you’re bored in your current role, would like to be part of a team working on stunning projects (each of which throws up its own challenges!), and have the ability and hunger to keep learning new things, then we want to hear from you.
Under guidance from other very experienced members of the team the role will be wide ranging but will include:
- Helping to make our lighting schemes work ‘on the ground.’ This involves advising the relevant members of site project teams (main contractor, electrician etc) on requirements for particular fittings or effects, helping to resolve installation queries etc.
- Help to problem solve onsite issues. This can sometimes be very ‘hands on.’
- Liaising with the site team and the Brilliant design team to ensure that the right lighting kit is onsite at the right time.
- Designing, programming and commissioning lighting control systems.
- Setting up basic networks, or liaising with other firms providing networks.
- Ideally being able to tweak our AutoCAD plans to reflect minor changes onsite.
- Helping maintain the office premises and lighting displays.
Core requirements are:
- Experience of lighting design (with a strong practical bent) and/or lighting control systems and/or high end electrical work and/or networking and software skills (again with a strong practical bent).
- Good electrical knowledge and skills.
- Competent basic construction knowledge & skills.
- A keen interest in lighting (aesthetics and/or technology)
- Experience of lighting control systems. Experience with Lutron Homeworks QS is an advantage but knowledge of other systems is useful.
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of personal organization and being a ‘completer finisher’
- A good memory, a strong work ethic and a desire to learn and get stuck in
- Willingness to work away from home. The amount will vary on a week by week basis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced small team environment – with the ambiguity that that sometimes entails
It would be an advantage to have:
- Prior experience of home automation systems and networking
- AutoCAD skills
- Practical experience of other CAD or BIM packages.
Depending on your background, different types of training would be provided both on courses and on the job.
The role will be based out of our offices in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. Projects are northern biased but we work nationally. Remuneration is negotiable depending on experience.
Please send your CV incl. qualifications, experience and (if applicable) most recent salary to Melanie Shaw, Brilliant, Unit 9 Thirsk Industrial Park, Severfield Close, Thirsk, YO7 3BX.